Last weekend, we took out the prefrormed pond and dug out a new one. This time, we used a flexible liner, and it turned out much better. If it doesn't rain this weekend, I'll plant around it.

Does anyone know what this is?
I bought this while visiting my Mom, but I don't know what it's called. It didn't have a tag, but I'm pretty sure it's a type of lily. The nursery guy tried to tell me it is a "torch lily", but as that is the common name of Kniphofia (red-hot poker), I'm pretty sure he was wrong.

Close up

Galanthus (Giant Snowdrop)
This is such a cute flower!

Helleborus

Hottuynia Cordata 'variegata' (Chameleon plant)
This is a really pretty plant in the summer, but it is highly invasive, so I control it by keeping it in a pot. It dies back in the cold, and then spills out over the sides when it's warm.

Crabapple blossoms
Yay! It's not dead! I bought this tree from a nursery, which was going out of business. It was during the fall, and the tree didn't have any leaves. When my other flowering trees started to blossom, this one was still bare, so I feared the worst. I'm SO glad it's ok.

Aloe Bloom
8 comments:
Oooh I like your pond a lot. I want one so bad but I still have to figure out what I want to do in my yard, it just doesn't have a flow I like yet. Your plants are so neat too. It's fun to see how different our plants are.
Thanks, Kris. The pond is small, but we really enjoy it. It has become Whiskers' new drinking fountain. I'm glad to have it finished, so I can start planting around it.
About the unidentified flower - could it be strelizia (Bird of paradise?) You may be the better judge -see this image: http://tinyurl.com/dxqxx2, and compare. Have a great day!
Hi Gururaj!
I actually have Bird of Paradise in my garden, and they are a little different than this new flower. I appreciate your info, though! How is your curry plant coming along?
Your pond is lovely!! You really did a nice job on it.
I was thinking your mystery plant was Bird of Paradise as well...whatever it is, it is pretty :)
Hi - great job on your pond! I like the stones that you used around the perimeter.
I have a plant that puts out a red flower similar to your mystery plant - I have no idea what my is but I thought that I remembered my mother from years ago calling it a Christmas Cactus.
Hi Cheryl & Biddie,
I'm glad you like the pond. I'd love to expand it, but I've run out of space. :o)
Happy Easter
Post a Comment