Here are the details on my new plant.
BILLBERGIA NUTANS(aka Queen's Tears, or Friendship Plant)
Interesting note: This plant is a relative of the pineapple!


Category: Succulent
Family: Bromeliaceae (Bromeliads)
Origin: Brazil (South America)
Evergreen: Yes
Flower Color: Green & Blue
Bloomtime: Spring
Height: 1-2 feet
Width: 1-2 feet
Exposure: Shade
Irrigation (H2O Info): Low Water Needs
Winter Hardiness: 30-32° F
3 comments:
Good work there, Detective Denise!! The plant that I have has that same reddish-pinkish stem but I never noticed the cluster of dangling florets. I'll have to wait until next year when it blooms again to see if the "Queen's Tears" are there ....
You have to tell us how you went about your detective work!
I found out what it was by emailing a local nursery. They have a website, so I sent them my question along with the picture. They were nice enough to get right back to me.
Queen's Tears...what a poignant name. I wonder if there is a particular queen that the plant was named after?
Post a Comment