The pond isn't finished around the edges yet, so I haven't taken any far shots of it. I used a preformed plastic liner, and now I'm trying to figure out how to hide the edges. I'll probably dig the whole thing out, and use sheeting instead ... or concrete. Also, it's pretty small (4' x 3'). If I dig out my own shape, it can be bigger.
You're right Madeleine, and Whiskers, like it a lot!
I used a lining in my pond, it's held up many years so far even through our horrible winters.
I'm so excited for you! It's a fun project, isn't it? I can't wait to see it. Too bad we are so far apart, I could give you rocks to edge it with...our yard seems to grow more every year.
I'd love to see more far shots of your garden, the close ups are lovely but I'd also love to see how your plantings look together.
Our blueberries never last long up here, the birds make short work of them.
I just had an idea, I know that they manufacture artificial stone for fireplaces, house facades etc. Maybe you could find a manufacturer that also has weather hardy flat stones that you could use to edge your pond, then tuck ground covers between them to soften the edges?
Thanks for the ideas, Cheryl. I'd love to swing by and pick up some rocks! .. It should only take us about four days. Madeleine and I will be right over! :o)
It looks like I'm going to take the pond apart this weekend. If I'm going to enlarge it, I should do it now so I can get stuff planted before summer. There is a rock & stone yard close by. I'll take a look, and see what they have.
Once things come together, I'll take some farther shots. Right now, everything is either torn apart, or not in bloom. For such a small garden, it's quite a mess! :o)
Oh sheesh...I didn't even think of a stone yard! Guess from living out here in the boonies. One thing I would do different with my pond is that it's too small for the size of rocks I used. The waterfall is too big as well I believe.
If I did it over I would either go larger on the pond, or try to find smaller rocks. I think they overwhelm the pond.
You have such a rich assortment of colors and types in your garden! Purple is my "soul" color - the purple water lily just caught me up and I couldn't stop looking at it.
Rocks, rocks - nowhere in this sand/clay land either ... I carried 1 big limestone rock with me from TX but it doesn't take you very far as a nice stepping stone .... Right now I just admire it occasionally.
8 comments:
wow those are all so pretty! Are you going to put some pictures up of your pond? I bet Madeleine and Whiskers likes it!!
The pond isn't finished around the edges yet, so I haven't taken any far shots of it. I used a preformed plastic liner, and now I'm trying to figure out how to hide the edges. I'll probably dig the whole thing out, and use sheeting instead ... or concrete. Also, it's pretty small (4' x 3'). If I dig out my own shape, it can be bigger.
You're right Madeleine, and Whiskers, like it a lot!
I used a lining in my pond, it's held up many years so far even through our horrible winters.
I'm so excited for you! It's a fun project, isn't it? I can't wait to see it. Too bad we are so far apart, I could give you rocks to edge it with...our yard seems to grow more every year.
I'd love to see more far shots of your garden, the close ups are lovely but I'd also love to see how your plantings look together.
Our blueberries never last long up here, the birds make short work of them.
I just had an idea, I know that they manufacture artificial stone for fireplaces, house facades etc. Maybe you could find a manufacturer that also has weather hardy flat stones that you could use to edge your pond, then tuck ground covers between them to soften the edges?
Thanks for the ideas, Cheryl. I'd love to swing by and pick up some rocks! .. It should only take us about four days. Madeleine and I will be right over! :o)
It looks like I'm going to take the pond apart this weekend. If I'm going to enlarge it, I should do it now so I can get stuff planted before summer. There is a rock & stone yard close by. I'll take a look, and see what they have.
Once things come together, I'll take some farther shots. Right now, everything is either torn apart, or not in bloom. For such a small garden, it's quite a mess! :o)
Oh sheesh...I didn't even think of a stone yard! Guess from living out here in the boonies. One thing I would do different with my pond is that it's too small for the size of rocks I used. The waterfall is too big as well I believe.
If I did it over I would either go larger on the pond, or try to find smaller rocks. I think they overwhelm the pond.
Can't wait to see the finished pond :)
You have such a rich assortment of colors and types in your garden! Purple is my "soul" color - the purple water lily just caught me up and I couldn't stop looking at it.
Rocks, rocks - nowhere in this sand/clay land either ... I carried 1 big limestone rock with me from TX but it doesn't take you very far as a nice stepping stone .... Right now I just admire it occasionally.
Hi Biddie,
I love "soul color". That's a great term. That water lilly really stood out, when I bought it. I couldn't take my eyes off of it either.
Stunning photos! I love the purple water lily. I've added you to my blog roll.
Post a Comment