The economy has hit our nurseries quite hard. The largest nursery in OC went under a few months ago, and one of my favorite nurseries is closing right now. They are selling everything at 40-55% off. I'm so sad to see them close. I loved looking around the grounds on a Saturday morning.
I bought this stack of bells from them. I bought some other plants as well. They were not in very good shape as the nursery had stopped taking care of them, but they are recovering now.
AbutilonI love these. They're so delicate.


I don't know why my
azelea is blooming..
5 comments:
OOOhhhh I´m in love with the bells!!!!!
I would like to have them in my garden.... so if you ever get tired of them...
Linda
I love the bells too, very nice. You still have such nice plants out there, ours are all going away for the winter....
So sad to hear about the closing down of the garden. Love the bells. The Green Wizard you wrote about are lovely but in my gardens the have become a weed. Have a nice day.
My garden is slowly going away too. I've cut back quite a few things. Plus, the wind has flattened some of the taller plants.
Eden, that's a very interesting note about the Green Wizard coneflower. Your's have become weeds? I will keep my eye on them, for sure!
Regarding the late bloom of your azaleas...I have a patch of lilies (usually profuse blooming) that never bloomed at all this season. The foliage looked very healthy, but no blooms.
Also, I noticed some of the bloom times on a few plants seemed to be off from the norm. Perhaps climatic changes are having a some sort of effect on the flowers ?
Those bells are lovely, when you chime them do they summon the fairies :)?
Post a Comment