Friday, September 12, 2008

Fall Planting ..

I am getting ready for Fall Planting. I have some pretty neato bulbs coming next week. Here are some pics of what they are supposed to look like, when they bloom in the Spring ..

Snake's Head Fritillaria




Yellow Fritillaria




Orange Fritillaria Imperialis




I also have some seeds to plant. Among them is the Green Wizard Coneflower.




I'm looking forward to see how they will look in real life, and if they grow at all.

My current garden has slowed in blooming, and the weather has cooled. I'm sure the plants are glad! This weekend, I'll be preparing the garden for the new bulbs and seeds.

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Oh Denise, what a lovely voice you have ~ pure & effortless. I love your songs, even the children's songs touched me. For a moment I was transported to childhood feeling the exhilaration of trying to tickle the leaves with my toes while swinging :)
"It's a Wonderful Day" perfectly captured how I feel in the garden...
I wish I could sing, but I guess I hang out with the frogs in my garden too much 'cause I croak a lot like them :)

I love that Snake's Head Fritillaria, looks like it has a checkerboard pattern, very cool!

What happened with the Hippo plant?

Denise Rosier said...

Hi Cheryl!

Thanks so much for the kind words and for listening to my songs. I'm glad you liked them. :o)

I don't know what the deal is with the hippo plant. I almost wonder if it isn't dormant right now. It appears to have stopped growing. I may try a different location for him.

Linda Lunda said...

Hi Denise! Your comment on my blogg was the nices ever!!! Thank you so werry mutsch! I feel so happy about it!!!!
THANK YOU!
Linda

Linda Lunda said...

How did you found me?
Linda