Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Wednesday in the Garden

Bells Of Ireland

Now, this is a good example of why I wanted to plant seeds: plants and flowers that I can't find at my local nursery. When I bought these, the seed packet did not have a photo .. only a drawing.. but I thought they looked pretty neat. I couldn't wait to see what they looked like in person. They're sorta like "green apple" Snapdragons. Mine are currently about 6", but they are supposed to get to two, or three, feet.



Black & Blue Sage
I love this colour.



Red Hibiscus
Interestingly, this shrub is deciduous. Most hibiscus bushes around here are not. I thought mine one died during the winter. I'm glad I kept it!



Lavender Passion Vine



Garden Orbs
I bought these fabulous solar lights at Costco. At night, they have the most beautiful crystal, golden, light. I have become addicted to solar light balls. I call this section of my garden, "Orb Town USA". It even has a theme song. :o)


5 comments:

Kristen said...

Oh I love those passion vines, and the orbs are really cool, I wonder if they have that at our Costco on the east coast, I did see your black garden thing that Madeline was playing under before you set it up, So is that first picture, your seeds or a picture of what you wanted to plant?
How hot is it where you are now? Today it finally cooled down to the 80's but it was over 95 for a few days here, YUK

Denise Rosier said...

It's not too hot around here today (70's), but it's supposed to be in the 80's/90's at my Mom's, which is about an hour away.

That first photo is a plant that I planted from seed.

Janice M. Powell, MBA, IACCP(r) said...

I love the passion vines too! They are beautiful! Cool lights, too. Makes me (almost) want a garden. Nah, just kidding. I'd rather look at yours.

Madeleine said...

Did you figure out what those plants growing behind Black Widow Bench are???

Cheryl said...

That hibiscus is stunning, I love the cool red tone & top it off with that burgundy foliage...wonderful!