The blooms look spongy, but they actually feel smooth.
Begonia
I love these delicate flowers.
Dahlia
I was instantly drawn to these dark stems, and flourescent faces. They're very "Addams Family".
Passion Vine
This Lavender Passion Vine is full of buds!
5 comments:
Oh that Lion's tail is wonderful!!
I bought some begonias this year, never had them before but am really loving the delicacy & luminescence of the color. Mine are a salmon color, I'll see if I can post a picture up later.
I over~wintered my passion flower vine inside, it still is adjusting to being back outside. I sure wish it were an annual up here, I'd love to have a huge vine going.
I've never seen a single petaled dahlia before, I really like yours.
That Lions's tail is really neat, I wish we had those here. Is that an annual?
I have never seen that type of Dahlia either, I will have to keep taking pics of mine and show you how they turn out , if they do at all!
Cheryl is that passion flower the one that smelled so nice?
Begonia's are swell too! I don't have any of those, frost gets them doesn't it?
The Lion's Tail is native to California. They get to be quite a big shrub, and do not require a lot of water.
The Begonia is really delicate, the stems can break easily, and you're right, I'll bet they don't like to get too cold.
I have three passion vines, but this is my first year with them. I don't know what they do in the winter here. I "think" they stay green.
I liked the lion's tail so much that I went to do some research on it. Do you know what the plant is known for? I'm surprised that it's not on some government restricted list.
Check out these two links:
http://rareseeds.com/seeds/Herbs/Lions-Tail-or-Wild-Dagga
http://www.salviasupply.com/store/leonotis-leonurus.html?act_vn
Wow! That's very interesting! I should brew some as iced tea for the next BBQ! Now THAT would be funny!
Interesting that it is used to treat PMS, too. I should take some "Lion's Tail Tea" to my next book club meeting! :o)
Post a Comment