Friday, April 11, 2008

Wizz The Fizz


Whiskers, what's your deal?
With your polydactyl paws, and your panther-like stare, you've made my garden sanctuary your little lair.



  • You sit in all the big pots to sun yourself - at expense of a few low branches.
  • You claw on the bird-pole
  • You jump around batting rocks, and dirt clods, as if they were full of catnip.
  • You hide behind the butterfly weed and spy on me .. I can see you, you know. You're only fooling yourself.
  • Then .. you roll around in the dirt like a dog, so I pet your side. When I pet you, you attack my arm and bite my hand.
You're such a crazy cat. No matter where you are in the neighborhood, you come running when you hear me and Madeleine gardening. Are you afraid we're messing up your vibe?

Now you have me blogging at you ... You're so strange Whiskers!

Whatever ...

I'll see you in the garden :o) ...

10 comments:

Cheryl said...

A garden isn't complete without a critter or two! I love the pic of him in your flower pot.

Maureen said...

hey there Denise, this is Maureen (Caroline's mom)aka Greatdanepal. Saw you had posted on Cheryl's blog so decided to check out your gardens. How beautiful!!! Such different varieties. And Whiskers is such a gorgeous cat. Panther describes his looks quite well. I have a couple of snowball bushes that were here when we bought the house. They were quite overgrown so I hacked them back and removed all the dead branches and last year ended up with blooms that were about 18" long and as they matured on the branches turned a very pale pink. They make for wonderful winter time arrangements that dry naturally. I'll take a picture of mine and post it in the near future.

Denise Rosier said...

Hello!

Thanks for visiting and reading about Whiskers. That cat.. I swear .. She wasn't even our cat to begin with. She just decided she was moving in, and that was that! She's been here 4 years now, and bosses us around.

Maureen, I'd love to see your snowball pics. Mine is very small right now. Do they grow quickly?

Cheryl said...

Denise, I just saw Madeleine's post on my blog, would you mind emailing the link again to her blog so I can stop over & say hello?

dcanderson06@sbcglobal.net

Kristen said...

Your cat looks like mine, Jethro. My gramps is in a home now that he is 96 and they said I can bring in the cat to sit with him on the bed, he will really like that, he always had cats and loved to sit with them. Your cat looks like he follows you around the yard like a dog, mine too! yesterday I did yard work and they were both out there following me around

Denise Rosier said...

Hi Kristen,

It's great that your Grandpa will be able to see the cat. Wow, 96! How great to live that long. I hope he's healthy & doing well.

Unknown said...

How exactly do you grow a cat?

Janice M. Powell, MBA, IACCP(r) said...

Oh, Denise! I was totally expecting a song with the way you began this blog! I was thinking, "my how that kind of goes together. I wonder if this is going to be on a children's album." So, you must write a song about Wiskers. Your garden is beautiful. I don't know how you remember the names of all those plants.

Denise Rosier said...

Hi Steven & Janice! Thanks for posting!! ;o)

You know.. I didn't intend for the opening of this post to rhyme, but the songwriter in me couldn't help itself. :o)

Biddie said...

Hi there - found this post a little behind the others, but I'm opting in!

I love your "ode" to Whiskers. Cats know where the good life is and when it's safe for them to let down their veils of wariness and caution. Whiskers must know that this is a great place to live and let his inherent "child/kitten" come out.