The fountain in the front yard is quite the social hangout for the animals. Whiskers drinks out of it, and her sister, Misty, sits under it for shade. When the cats are away, the birds splash around and have a great time.
These guys are new. They were really living it up, when I pulled in from work. They weren't spooked in the least, when I got out of the car to quickly retrieve my camera. Their blue wings were really beautiful in person!
are those mountain blue birds? Wow I can't believe how many you have there! I have 2 birdbaths and I rarely see any birds in them but when I do I get so excited. I try hard to give them all the things they need and want and it's nice to see them use the stuff!
The Western Bluebird is a common sight in parklands of the West. Unlike the other species of bluebirds, it does not like large meadows, preferring open forests instead. http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Western_Bluebird/id
Hi Kris! I have no idea what kind of birds they are. Are they really bluebirds? How interesting. One thing's for sure, they're not afraid of us. They bounce around the bird bath without caring about the cats, or the people.
8 comments:
are those mountain blue birds? Wow I can't believe how many you have there! I have 2 birdbaths and I rarely see any birds in them but when I do I get so excited. I try hard to give them all the things they need and want and it's nice to see them use the stuff!
Ooh, you are so lucky to have bluebirds. And a house finch. Lovely fountain.
With the orange on the breast they look like Eastern Bluebirds, oddly enough.
Well that's what I thought they were P but didn't want to call them that since she lives in CA! What are they really? just plain Bluebirds?
The Western Bluebird is a common sight in parklands of the West. Unlike the other species of bluebirds, it does not like large meadows, preferring open forests instead.
http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Western_Bluebird/id
Hi Kris! I have no idea what kind of birds they are. Are they really bluebirds? How interesting. One thing's for sure, they're not afraid of us. They bounce around the bird bath without caring about the cats, or the people.
Hi Priscilla! Thanks for dropping by!
I hope you both have a great Thanksgiving!!
Happy Thanksgiving Denise, say Hello to Madeleine too
What lovely shots Denise! Beautiful.
Post a Comment