
Wow! I'm so glad it's fall. School's back in session, football season is back, and things have slowed down little bit. Where did the summer go?? It left, and took my garden with it. The last couple of weeks heated up so bad that my plants dropped all their leaves in shock. I spent last weekend doing damage control.
Here are some random pictures from the last month, or so.
Madeleine ..

The Garden
Unfortunately, I hadn't taken a lot of pictures before everything died.
Tuberose
This smells like a gardenia.

All of a sudden, I can't remember what this is called!

Morning Glory

Saucer Magnolia

Easter Egg Plant with more eggs on it.

Hippo Plant





Other Succulents
5 comments:
I am tickled to see the Hippo plant in bloom!! How wonderful that plant is, so whimsical it makes you smile just looking at it :)
That's an excellent shot of the grasshopper (is it a grasshopper? Ours are just plain brown up here).
I bet between the tuberose and magnolia your garden smells like a little bit of heaven, very lovely.
What do the little eggs feel like on the Easter Egg plant? Are they soft? That is such neat plant. Do the eggs turn into a bloom of some sort, or are they like seed pods?
This week marks the start of me cleaning most of the plants out of the gardens :( Some how the fall chores are always harder to tackle then the spring ones.
I'm glad to see you posting again, and Madeleine looks beautiful :)
Hi Cheryl!
I'm glad to be back to blogging, too! It's unfortunate that my plants will be going to sleep soon.
Isn't the hippo plant cool? I just love that little guy.
The easter eggs stay hard, and never bloom. They actually bloom first, and then produce the fruit (egg). They simply fall off, after they've expired.
HI!!!!!!!
Glad to see you back! I agree the hippo plant is amazing as well as the egg plant, ha ha, Eggplant!! Madeleine looks older already from the spring/early summer! Is she in 7th grade this year?
Our leaves seem to be turning colors fast this year and falling off earlier than I remember, maybe it has something to do with the soaking wet summer we had!
Happy fall!
Gosh - I've been missing a lot of blooming time - it's been weeks since I've come over to say "howdy".
I'm fascinated by your hippo plant - I love the way the top layer splits open and the bloom pops out!
Madeleine is growing into a beautiful young lady - that is a wonderful picture of her!
Sorry to read that your plants had a hard time in the recent heat and drought - hopefully they will be able to recoup over the winter. Hope your area wasn't under any threat from all the recent fires out there .....
Denise... oh where are you ??? I see you have come to visit all of us not too long ago, have you been busy? Is it cooling off over on your side of the country? It's Cold here!! I have to get my sweaters out and the woodstove going, brrrrrr
Post a Comment