Red Passion Flower

Lion's Tail

Bleeding Heart
This is finally blooming! It seems late compared to ones on the East Coast, but I'll take it!

Abyssinian Gladiolus (Acidanthera)
I had no idea this was a glad. I love the delicate white flowers. It has a light, sweet, fragrance. You have to put it up to your nose to smell it, though. It's not the type that would permeate your yard like a jasmine.

Easter Egg Plant
This is an eggplant, but instead of giant, purple, fruit, it bears little white egg-shaped fruit. I heard they are not edible, but my Mom said she saw some at the store so ..

Little Girl at the Fountain
I wish she would scare away the raccoon. That little bugger is still coming around! I tried warding him off with coyote urine powder. No dice.

Canna Flower

The view from my patio

Bee Balm (Monarda Bergamo)
I grew this from seed, and it's a good thing, too. None of the nurseries are carrying it this year. They don't have an explanation for why. They just said they can't find it anywhere.


Oddities
I've had some odd results from my Rudbekia (Irish Eyes) aka "Green-eyed Susans".
Here is what one normally looks like

Then, I have some odd ones with extra large, elongated, centers.

And this one, which is two flowers stuck together like conjoined twins.
7 comments:
You've done it again...so many plants I've never seen before!!
That Eggplant is so cool!! What a crazy looking plant...sprouting eggs!
I had tried coyote urine to scare off a family of rabbits in my garden a few years ago...didn't seem to have much effect on them either.
I have three colors of Beebalm including purple but have never seen any like yours! It's very pretty, a lot more ornate than mine.
That's interesting about your Rudebekia, I wonder what is causing the mutation?
I love the patio view, just beautiful :)
I'm glad you like the bee balm. I first saw them in pictures from your garden, and loved them. I don't know why our local growers don't have them this year, so I'm glad I bought seeds.
Isn't the eggplant funny? I couldn't wait to see the eggs!
Coyote urine didn't work for you either? Ugh .. I guess I might have to invest in the Havahart trap.
Ditto to what Cheryl said, WOW, you have the neatest stuff, That Egg plant is weird, almost looks fake, never heard of it! Truly amazing stuff and your yard is absolutley beautiful
Thank you! :o)
I wanted to share some of the Easter Egg Plant seeds with you and Cheryl, but I thought I'd try them out first, and see if they really grew. I bought them at Park Seed online. If you want some, I'll pop them in the mail to you next season, and you can share them w/ Cheryl. I'll let you know when the time comes around to plant them again. I don't have the seeds anymore ..
The egg plant is so wierd - hard to take my eyes off it enough to enjoy all the other plants in your garden. You gals put me to shame, indeed!
Denise, thank you! I appreciate you thinking of me :)
Did you end up getting a Havahart trap for Rocky Raccoon?
RE: Rocky Raccoon ..
I haven't purchased the trap yet. Apparently, I have to find out if it is legal to trap raccoons in my area. I understand laws differ greatly. It's possible that I can't trap them, OR I can trap them but I have to euthanize them myself, OR I can trap them, and have someone pick them up. I was hoping I could trap him and drop him off in the hills.
Post a Comment