
Turf Wars
The little birds love our yard this year. The Black Phoebe's have claimed the East side of the yard by the gazebo, and the sparrows have claimed the West side with the fountain. The birds are very serious about their turf as I have seen them rumble, when members are caught on the wrong side of the tracks.
Here are the "Eastside Phoebes", in their black jackets, having a meeting.

The little brown "Westside Sparrows" jumping into the fountain to eat who-knows-what.. They took full advantage of claiming the pond side of the garden. Oh .. and my pond was filthy! ..

Are you my mommy?
How cute is this little guy looking at my solar bird light.

Roadrunner
I bought this just outside of Pioneertown.
American Goldfinch
We love seeing these birds in the summer, when they are bright yellow. We have a lot of finches in our cypress and pine trees. They tend to hang out in our front yard fountain.


6 comments:
She's so cute!!
I love the yellow bird at the end, thats a finch? Our finches are more canary yellow, this one is a bit on the darker yellow.
Your cat must be going crazy with all those birds in your yard!
What great shots :) That's funny how you have the division of the yard going on, you have your own birdy version of "Westside Story" happening in your yard.
Madeleine looks cute as a button :)
Haha! that's right. I am expecting them to break into birdie dance-fighting at any time.
.. Or their own production of "Bye-Bye Birdie" .. :o)
Oh cute pics! You are SOOOO lucky to live in California! I want to go soooo badly!!! i am actually only in North carolina, so about 14 hours aaway if you go by jet.
Hi Anna! Thanks for visiting!
What a cute shot of Madeleine in her "Fred" shirt!
You have such a delightful commotion going on in your yard with all the birds. Your American Finch is a stronger yellow than I've seen before - definitely an eye-catcher. Your road runner is just fine!!
Have you felt any of the recent tremors that I've heard about on the TV?
Post a Comment