Thursday, February 19, 2009

Spring!

I love flowering trees. I have four of them. Mine do not bear any fruit, except for the crabapple. However, the crabapple is of a variety that blossoms every other year, so I don't have any photos to show you. (That, or it died, and I don't know it yet). For some reason, my Saucer Magnolia also did not bloom. It could have something to do with our weird weather.

Flowering Plum





Flowering Quince



Kalancho



Azalea



Cyclamen



Aloe Vera
I didn't know that Aloes bloom. I'm looking forward to seeing what this looks like!

7 comments:

Janice M. Powell, MBA, IACCP(r) said...

I love the flowers!!! Makes me think spring is on its way!

Cheryl said...

Oh how lovely! I love the plum tree, I hope the one I planted last year has similar blooms.

Did your garden get damaged by the hail?

I might have mentioned somewhere before how I noticed last year a couple of blooming quirks in my plants...I think I'm going to keep a journal noting bloom times to see if the trend continues. It will be interesting, and kind of alarming if it does.

Happy spring to you :)

Anonymous said...

The photos are lovely. Do you use a sophisticated digital camera? I use a Casio Exfilm 7.2 megapixels but am unable to get the focus during closeups of flowers, as you might notice in my blog. Pray, tell, if you don't mind, what is the secret behind these beautiful photos?

Denise Rosier said...

Hi Cheryl,

I was worried about the hail, too, but everything survived! Thank goodness!

I know what you mean about the "bloom journal". I think that's a great idea. I've been looking back at photos from last year to see what was blooming at this time. The azeleas are two months early this year.

Happy Spring to you, too! :o)

Denise Rosier said...

Hi Gururaj!
Welcome, and thank you for the kind words about my photos. I don't know anything about photography, so I think I just lucked into a camera that takes good pictures. :o) I have a Sony DCS-H3 w/ 8.1 megapixels.

I'm looking forward to reading more about the curry leaf you planted! Sounds like they are fairing well in Japan.

Cheryl said...

2 months early...wow. I find these changes disquieting for some reason...I wonder if that patch of day lilies that didn't bloom last year will bloom this year. They are an old strain I got many years ago from an abandoned old property that always bloomed in early spring...last year nothing. The foliage looked healthy, it was puzzling.

Biddie said...

Beautiful flowers - your blooming season is earlier than ours here in NW Florida - I love the color in the flowering quince!

I've thought about setting up some kind of blooming journal also - the plants here seem to bloom at different times each year - need to get my tail-feathers in motion and actually do it!