Here are a few photos to start off my garden blog.
My Azelea is in full bloom ..

Euphorbia characias Ssp. wulfenii
I bought this little guy because he looks so cool close up. If you click on him, you can see a little of the detail in his flowers, but the cellphone camera doesn't do him justice. There's a lot going on in each flower face.
I corrected the name.

Forsythia
My Mom was not impressed with this purchase, but I was! According to her, "everyone" has one in the Midwest. Apparently, she saw them a lot in Illinois, but I haven't seen them around here in Cali. I told her I paid, $40 for him, and she almost passed out. She thinks plants are too expensive here.
I am going to grow it as a shrub. It is offset behind my pink mangolia tree. They should look good together in the early Spring.
5 comments:
How beautiful!! Rudolph is an unusual plant indeed, the flowers remind me of Hellebore, but I've never seen it in a shrub form. What a beauty!! I'm envious of your blooms, I still have to clean out my gardens, but I noticed yesterday some things popping up. Keep that forsythia well pruned, they can get really scraggly & leggy if you let them go. I'm so glad you started a garden blog!
Hi Cheryl!
It's so good to "talk" to you again! Thanks for the heads up about the Forsythia. I'll keep my eye on him!
It's been so warm that everything is blooming right now. I'll get more pictures up soon.
I was so intrigued by your Euphorbia that I checked it out online, did you know it can have caustic sap? Be careful pruning! I've never heard of it before, what a unique beauty.
Hi Denise -I had to come over to check out your garden bloomers also! Your plants are on a schedule ahead of this area (Panhandle FL) - but we are catching up fast.
I had to laugh about your mom's reaction to the forsythia! I used to see it everywhere when I lived up north but never here. I miss it and have been looking for types that can deal with climate zone 8. I have big dreams for a natural-looking (read that as VERY low maintenance) when I finally move across the road ....
We have a LOT of forsynthia here in New England, I just wish it stayed yellow longer.
Post a Comment